Pages

Tuesday 24 March 2009

A Grand ol' weekend.........

What a Grand weekend!
I traveled home this weekend as it was Mothers Day. So thought I would post a few pics.

These are the cards my sister and I sent my Mum. We always seem to send similar things without any conference! my Mum thinks it's all rather spooky at how similar we are sometimes, considering we're just siblings and are 4 years apart. Perhaps it's because we're both born on the 13th??!!! cue the spooky music!

This is the gorgeous textile art work that my sis and I bought for my Mum for Mothers Day. It's a piece from Heidi Rhodes. Her work is so vibrant and full of colour. Go check out her website to see some of her work. I'd seen her work at MADE before and actually got to meet her at the Contemporary Textile Fair, she is lovely.
Some cute little blooms from the garden, love primrose's and primula when they appear at this time of the year.

And the meal I cooked for Mum, she chose what she wanted and away I whisked in to the kitchen. So we had Mediterranean chicken parcels, accompanied by lemon and coriander couscous.

Followed by a fruit salad containing blueberries, raspberries and mango which we had with a scoop of ice cream.

Perhaps these aren't the best pics in the world! but there's a major reworking going on at my parents, with the ripping out of cupboards etc for the arrival of a new kitchen. So there was no styling of food to be photographed to be done!
I hope you all had a good weekend too ;0 x

No comments: