Pages

Friday 16 January 2009

website technology harumph!




It seems to be one of those things at the mo. Don't get me wrong I love technology really I do, without it I would never have been able to build my website. I don't know any html and so using a template idea is great for me! Which is why when I purchased my little macbook last year I was v excited to find it came with iweb allowing me to 'build' my own website. Hurray said I! All was good and then I decided I would very much like to be able to sell off of my site too. Not an unlikely decision surely....... After looking at various info, it looked like it would be 'easiest(!)' to sell through paypal using buttons you can create on there and then paste straight on your site. Well so far so good, got my page and items sorted, photos done, paste in the buttons, all working and feeling excited about being able to sell off my very own site....................And then the fly in the ointment! 
If anyone knows anything to help about macs iweb I'd appreciate any advice! My 'shop' page is a photo page from iweb with my products on for sale, if you click - 'view slideshow' to take a look at the items all is great however if you click on individual items which makes them bigger to view, the paypal buttons that have been pasted in, float over the top of the images which is v annoying for people when they want to take a closer look at the items. So what to do??? I have peered and looked and I can't see how I can stop it doing this. The only alternative I can see is using a blank page and pasting it all in again, the difference being it won't look all tidy and neat, no slideshow available and you wouldn't be able to click on items to view bigger. Ho Hum........

(the pics are a few of the items I have in my shop for my valentines colour theme x)

3 comments:

LPFish said...

Hello my love x
Blogland - yippeeeee x x
I have a problem... i never signed up to any valentine swap? or if i did - i did not mean to? Where did this happen? x x and

gunnelsvensson said...

Your shop at your website looks great! good luck!

meplusmolly said...

thank you! I've emailed you Kirsty x